Tuesday, February 21, 2012

40 Bags in 40 Days!

OK my friends! Here we go!
My awesome friend, Anne Marie, over at White House Black Shutters (You can find her here: www.whitehouseblackshutters.com ) inspired me last year to follow along with her and her 40 bags in 40 days project!
And she is doing it again this year! And so am I. Why? You may ask? Well here's the thing.
Clutter and "stuff" has been an issue for me for a long time. I'm kind of a closet hoarder. Basically my house is clean and tidy....but underneath is a disaster. Closets, cabinets, basement....you name it. I think that whole thought from when I was a kid to "shove it under the bed" and call it clean...stuck. Forever. I also struggle with some silly reasons for keeping...well everything to be honest. LOL Even things that my real brain knows I will probably never need....my other brain says "keep it" you may need it.
Seriously? I don't need it. And neither do my kids. I'm a disorganized mess half the time trying to find things, and stuff things away, and it's really a problem. Somedays I think I need a 12 step program. HaHa....
And then there's pintrest. I love pintrest. I could sit for hours and look and read and be inspired only to feel overwhelmed and lost when it comes to my own house. So, my first priority is going to be ridding out. So I can create something fabulous.
So...I have decided that I am totally NOT a magazine style homemaking. So I'm not looking for perfection. What I am looking for is....to find the things I need and want. To be able to enjoy my things and enjoy my space. Be able to get to my clothes in my closet, or find my boots I want to wear, without madness and meltdowns.
So Miss Anne Marie has my number! You can find all the plans and even print your FREE printable sheets to go along with it. Plans for the 40 days of Lent and decluttering your life!
Find it here:
And then join me in the quest!
I have added an extra incentive for myself this year. I want to buy season passes for the Zoo and Aquarium and also for Idlewild park this year for us to go and enjoy anytime. And those total $300.00! YIKES! But....My plan is to sell off all my junk and reward myself with a job well done by purchasing these passes for our family.
I have my plan written. My goals set. My rooms or spaces to conquer. I'm ready.
Spaces that are on the top of my list:
Linen Closet in the Bathroom
My bedroom Closet
Kids clothes
Then there's the basement. I really really want it to be a "livable" space. I want defined areas such as an office, a tv room, a bar, and a laundry room. I have the "space" it's just full of a bunch of junk right now. So....it needs to go! And maybe along the way I can create some pinspired things to fill my rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment